Elizabeth mentioned in the comments that she would start calling HWBs, ‘hotties’ which I think is excellent practice, even if people get the wrong idea when you tell them you’re going to bed with a hottie. ;)
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2 balls Rowan Scottish Tweed Aran
- [100gr; 100% wool; 170m/186yds;
- in shade 027 Lewis Grey]
- or 3 balls Rowan Felted Tweed Aran
- [50gr; 50% merino wool, 25% alpaca, 25% viscose; 87m/95yds;
- in shade 729 Soot]
- or approx. 230m/252 yds of aran weight yarn.
- 14 sts / 27 rows
- over 10cm / 4in
- (with 4.5mm (US 7) needles,
- in garter stitch).
- 21cm x 34cm, approx. 8¼ x 13½in.
- To fit a hot water bottle 19cm x 30cm.
(On the subject of hotties,) my boyfriend informed me that he gave in to his urge to put a teabag in his hottie the other day. He said he chose peppermint because you didn’t have to put milk in that. Clever man. Except he can’t get the teabag out now, so if you try this, we recommend loose tea. In fact, we’re thinking of patenting some kind of teapot/hottie combo. Watch out for that one. ;)
I’ll be sending out copies to the “mystery winners” as soon as my flaky internet connection allows me. With the rain & wind tonight I think it’s going to be the perfect weekend to snuggle up with a hottie (both kinds). And if you want a good book to go with it, watch out for my next post. The pattern is just £3.00 on Ravelry, so go forth and knit! Have a great weekend! :)